1. We must have record that your pet has had a current exam (within one year) by a licensed veterinarian. All pets that are boarded should be current on their vaccinations. Rabies, distemper and upper respiratory (“kennel cough”) vaccines are universally required. We require written proof of vaccinations.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, canine distemper parvovirus (DHPP or DHLPP), and bordetella.
- Cats must be vaccinated for rabies and feline rhinotracheitis calicivirus and panleukopenia (FVRCP) vaccines.
- Rabbits require a current exam only.
3.We also prefer for you to bring the current food that you feed your pet so their diet remains consistent. Any special medical problems or dietary requirements should be fully discussed before boarding your pet at a kennel.
4. If your pet is currently on any daily medication, please bring all medication in it’s original prescribed containers. There is a fee of $14.00 for each administration of medications.
5. On Sundays or holidays when our office is closed, we do have kennel staff that come and take care of your pets. Pick up and drop offs are not offered when the office is closed.
Where do they stay?
The dogs are in spacious, indoor runs with radiant heat for the winter and fans for the warmer weather. We offer a daily walk with additional walks (up to three per day) and play time for an additional fee. Each dog has a towel or blanket for comfort. All cages, runs, blankets, and towels are clean and disinfected daily. All cages and runs are cleaned as often as needed to keep them clean.
For Cats: Separate air conditioned and heated rooms. Each cat has a cat perch, a towel, and a litter box. These items and the cages are cleaned and disinfected every day.
For Rabbits and Pocket Pets:
Separate air conditioned and heated rooms as well. Each rabbit is offered hay (choices are timothy, alfalfa, and orchard grass), a litter box, and water bottle. We also take a list of the the favorite veggies so that Dr. Salinger can buy a new supply every 4 days at the farmer’s market. There is a $12.00 fee for each trip Dr. Salinger makes.
What are the boarding costs?
- 30lbs or less $37.00
- 30-60lbs $42.00
- 60lbs or greater $49.00
- Any weight $24.00
- Any weight $32.00