This year, holidays are bound to be different—for people and their pets. We hope you’ll embrace the holiday spirit by doing something fun to end the year in a paw-sitive way!
Here are five fun things you can do to celebrate the season with your pet:
- Create a holiday e-card starring your pet. Take some fun photos or short videos with your pet at center stage. Maybe sniffing a stocking or wearing a Santa hat! Venture outside and find some creative natural backgrounds. Create your card (try an online option like Shutterfly) and send it to family and friends! Or simply post your holiday photo or video on social media. You may even want to create an Instagram account for your pet!
- Make pet-friendly treats. Tired of baking banana bread? Try these vet-approved dog treats for a healthy alternative to commercial treats. Use holiday cookie cutters for a festive touch.
- See holiday lights with your pet. Go for a walk with your pup to check out lights in your neighborhood or make it a car ride around town.
- Read to your pet. Maybe a holiday classic like “A Christmas Carol” or “’Twas the Night Before Christmas.” Or try singing a holiday song to your pet. And nothing beats hanging out on the couch to watch holiday favorites.
- Donate to a shelter’s wish list. Check out the website of your local shelter and donate items on their wish list in your pet’s name. It’s a great way to share with pets who haven’t found homes before the holidays.
Finally, according to a legend found in many parts of Europe, animals receive the gift of speech when the clock strikes midnight on Christmas Eve. It doesn’t last long—so consider staying up late to hear what your pet has to say!
From our families to yours, we wish you and your pets a very happy holiday!